E-sports as an industry sector has been growing quite rapidly over the past few years. So much so that there are several major brands who want to be associated with esports gamers and audiences, and even sponsor various teams. There are marketing agencies involved as well, making esports a major marketing platform, thanks to its sudden boom. However esports as an industry is extended beyond online gambling which we often play on https://www.luxury138aman.com.
Major market drivers for Esports
The changing market scenarios for esports can be mainly attributed to the below factors:
- Increasing popularity of online gaming and esports as a whole.
- Growing awareness about esports as a genre of gaming.
- Incremental adoption of advanced gaming technologies by gamers.
- Changing preferences of entertainment among gamers.
- Increased number of gamers owing to easy availability of the internet.
Major market developments for Esports
Below are few notable market developments in the esports sector in recent times:
- EA or Electronic Arts along with FIFA as partner launched an esports tournament series in November 2017. This was for EA’s FIFA game franchise.
- During the same time, ELEAGUE also formed a partnership with the esteemed Warner Bros. which led to the live stream of the famous World Championship ELEAGUE Injustice II. The event was streamed across platforms like ELEAGUE.com Twitch, TBS and YouTube.
- IEM Katowice tournament was organized by ESL in February 2018. It featured the Dota 2 tournament worth USD 1 million, StarCraftII tournament worth USD 250,000, CS: GO tournament worth USD 500,000, among several others.
How much is the esports market expected to grow in the coming years?
- The global esports market is expected to increase threefold compared to the present in the next 5 years.
- It is expected to grow with a CAGR of around 20%.
- It can cross $3 billion by the end of 2025.